Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Lovely, elegant cake!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vanilla chip, finely chopped
White Chocolate Glaze
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla chip
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- In saucepan, heat ingredients over low heat. Stir constantly until chips have melted and mixture is smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease side of round pan, 9x1 1/2", or square pan, 8x8x2".
- Line the bottom with parchment or waxed paper.
- Beat all ingredients except the vanilla chips with a mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in the vanilla chips and pour into pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake for 10 minutes then remove from pan and peel off paper. Cool completely.
- Spread with glaze, letting some drizzle down sides of cake.