Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
My hubbies favorite cookies!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped dry roasted macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Blend in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and macadamia pieces.
- Drop by teasponfuls onto ungreased baking pans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Disclaimer: I am not a great baker. Now the review...these came out great! Everyone loved them, and the flavor were great. Advice I to oter bakersL 1) take them out before they look brown, unless you want crispy cookies. I baked some for 10 minutes, others for 12, and I prefered the 10-minute, chewier cookies; and 2) put the macadamia nuts in a ziplock bag and break them into smaller pieces before adding them to the cookie batter. It distributes the macadamia nut taste throughout the cookies.
These were FANTASTIC! I don't normally like white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, but these just melt in your mouth. Most of this batch was mailed off to my deployed hubby but the left over's went to work and were gone in the blink of an eye. Nothing but rave reviews.
Wow! My fiance' just loves white chocolate and is going to flip when he tastes these! They are sweet and buttery, slightly chewy. I put a piece of bread in the container to keep them soft. Excellent cookie!