Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Layers of silky white chocolate mousse and sweet cherry sauce with a hint of orange alternate in this delectable dessert.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups fresh cherries or 2 cups frozen pitted tart cherries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 4 (1 ounce) white chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water until smooth. Add cherries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In another saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch; stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate and vanilla until chocolate is melted. Cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped cream
- Spoon 1/4 cup mousse into each parfait glass. Top with a rounded 1/4 cup of cherry mixture. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until chilled.