Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe for the "basic vanilla cupcakes" recipe I previously posted or use the recipe of you're liking. Add some white chocolate chips and/or cherries to batter before baking! Or use as topping! I like to dip stemmed cherries in melted white chocolate before I set atop!
- 532.32 ml white chocolate chips
- 354.88 ml butter
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 532.32 ml confectioners' sugar
- 295.73 ml cherry jam or 295.73 ml cherry pie filling
- 18 cherries, with stems
- edible glitter or red candy sprinkles
- 1 white chocolate baking bar
- Prepare, bake and cool cupcakes.
- Melt 2 1/4 c white chocolate chips, cool slightly.
- On medium speed, beat butter until fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate, vanilla, confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Chill until thickened (approx 15 mins).
- Spoon jam or filling until freezer bag. Snip 1/4" hole in one corner. Insert bag tip 1" deep into center top of each cupcake. Squeeze 1 Tbs jam into each.
- Transfer frosting into pastry bag fitted with decorative tip and pipe over cupcakes.
- Optional topping:.
- Sprinkle with edible glitter or red sprinkles and white chocolate shavings from chocolate bar. Melt remaining white chocolate and barely dip fresh cherries into mixture. Cool and set atop each cupcake.
I made these for our dessert this week and they are awesome!!! The icing is to die for; thick, rich, and creamy goodness!!! I paired this icing with black cherry jam filled white cupcakes and we just LOVED them! I bet strawberry would be delicious too! The only change I made was that I used a whole 1lb box of powdered sugar and slightly less butter than called for, because I ran out! This was nothing that would alter the flavor though. I made 24 cupcakes and iced them very generously and still had a ton of icing left over, so I'd say that you could ice a double batch easily.