Recipe by ivanova
These are rich brownies and very yummy. They were an experiment and it was a successful one. :) Don't expect these to last very long.
Top Review by flower7
I love warm brownies so there was no way I was going to last 1 hour before digging in to these - I made it 25 minutes LOL These are very very good! I mixed these with a wooden spoon and added all the eggs then all the flour (stirring very carefully so as not to throw flour everywhere). I did not cut the cherries in half, just left them as is; I like the tartness they add. Thanks for posting your successful experiment ivanova!
- 1 cup butter, melted, but not cooled
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup dried cherries, cut in half
- 1 (11 ounce) bagghirardelli white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13x9x2- inch (or similar sized) pan.
- Stir together melted butter, sugar, cocoa, vanilla, and baking powder.
- I just use a rubber spatula for stirring; a wooden spoon should work just as well, or the mixer too.
- Then add an egg, stir it in well, add 1/3 cup flour, stir it in, and repeat until all eggs and flour have been added.
- The last flour addition will only be a quarter cup.
- If using a mixer, add all the eggs together, mix in and then add all of the flour.
- Make sure it's all mixed together thoroughly.
- Add the cherries and white chocolate chips and stir just until mixed.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread it out evenly to the edges.
- Bake for 30 minutes, and then check.
- They should be done by then, but they may take another minute or two, but be careful not to overbake.
- Try to let them cool for half an hour before cutting.