Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pint cream
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups day old bread (1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Generously coat a 9 x 13 baking dish with 2 T.
- butter and set aside.
- Beat eggs with a wire whip.
- Whisk in brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon until smooth.
- Add cream and half& half, stirring to blend well.
- In another bowl, add the chips and cherries to the cubed bread.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and fold together.
- Pour the whole mixture into the buttered dish and bake in a preheated, 350 degree oven for one hour.
- Let cool 10-20 minutes before serving.