Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The tart taste of spring rhubarb contasts beautifully with the rich white chocolate base!! Serve at room temperature.
- 2 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced rhubarb
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham wafers or 1 1⁄4 cups ginger snaps, crumbs
- 3 (8 ounce) packagesblock cream cheese, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces white chocolate, melted
- Combine rhubarb, sugar& juice in pot, cover& simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb is very soft (about 10 minutes).
- Uncover& sir frequently, mashing with the back of the spoon, until the rhubarb forms a thick paste (about 5 minutes more).
- Lightly butter bottom& sides of a 9 1/2 inch springform pan.
- In a small bowl, stir crumbs with butter until mixed& press onto the bottom of the pan.
- Bake in the center of a preheated 350F oven until set (about 8- 10 minutes).
- Let cool completely- leave the oven on.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth& creamy.
- Add sugar& corn starch, beating until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition& scraping down the sides as needed until incorporated.
- Beat in vanilla& salt.
- Stir in sour cream& white chocolate just until mixed.
- Wrap the outside of the springform pan on the underside& halfway up the sides with a double layer of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Pour half the cheese mixture into the pan.
- Drop half the rhubarb puree by spoonfuls over the cream cheese.
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, swirl the rhubarb into the cream cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining cheese mixture& rhubarb puree.
- Set the pan into a larger ovenproof dish.
- Fill the larger dish with enough hot water to come about 1 inch up the sides of the pan- do NOT fill water any higher than the foil.
- Bake in the center of oven for 45 minutes.
- Leaving the door closed, turn the oven off& leave cheesecake in the oven for another hour.
- Remove pan from water& discard foil.
- Run a knife around the outside edge of the cheesecake.
- Cool in the pan on a rack at room temperature for an hour.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- It will keep well for several days or can be frozen.