2 hrs 30 mins
The tart taste of spring rhubarb contasts beautifully with the rich white chocolate base!! Serve at room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups thinly sliced rhubarb
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups graham wafers or 1 1/4 cups ginger snaps, crumbs
- 3 (8 ounce) packages block cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1Combine rhubarb, sugar& juice in pot, cover& simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb is very soft (about 10 minutes).
- 2Uncover& sir frequently, mashing with the back of the spoon, until the rhubarb forms a thick paste (about 5 minutes more).
- 3Lightly butter bottom& sides of a 9 1/2 inch springform pan.
- 4In a small bowl, stir crumbs with butter until mixed& press onto the bottom of the pan.
- 5Bake in the center of a preheated 350F oven until set (about 8- 10 minutes).
- 6Let cool completely- leave the oven on.
- 7Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth& creamy.
- 8Add sugar& corn starch, beating until well combined.
- 9Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition& scraping down the sides as needed until incorporated.
- 10Beat in vanilla& salt.
- 11Stir in sour cream& white chocolate just until mixed.
- 12Wrap the outside of the springform pan on the underside& halfway up the sides with a double layer of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- 13Pour half the cheese mixture into the pan.
- 14Drop half the rhubarb puree by spoonfuls over the cream cheese.
- 15Using the tip of a sharp knife, swirl the rhubarb into the cream cheese.
- 16Repeat with the remaining cheese mixture& rhubarb puree.
- 17Set the pan into a larger ovenproof dish.
- 18Fill the larger dish with enough hot water to come about 1 inch up the sides of the pan- do NOT fill water any higher than the foil.
- 19Bake in the center of oven for 45 minutes.
- 20Leaving the door closed, turn the oven off& leave cheesecake in the oven for another hour.
- 21Remove pan from water& discard foil.
- 22Run a knife around the outside edge of the cheesecake.
- 23Cool in the pan on a rack at room temperature for an hour.
- 24Refrigerate overnight.
- 25It will keep well for several days or can be frozen.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Cheesecake with Rhubarb Swirl
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.7
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 144.9 mg
- Sodium 400.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 9.0 g