Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 40 mins
I got this recipe out of the Cooking Pleasures magazine. It takes quit a while to make but is so worth it in the end. I didn't add the refrigerator time to this, but you should know this requires to be refrigerated overnight.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely ground walnuts
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) jar raspberry preserves, strained
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 cups fresh cranberries or 4 cups frozen cranberries, thawed
- Wrap bottom and sides of 9-inch pan with foil.
- In medium bowl, stir together all crust ingredients until combined.
- Press into bottom and halfway up sides of pan.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Microwave the white chocolate until melted and stir until smooth.
- Whip together cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add white chocolate, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Mix until blended and pour into crust.
- Place pan in large shallow roasting or broiler pan, filling the pan with enough hot tap water to come halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until the edges are puffed and the top is dry to the touch and pale golden brown. (center should move slightly when pan is tapped but should not ripple as if liquid).
- Remove cake from water and remove the foil.
- Place on wire rack and cool for one hour.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, in a large skillet, stir together the preserves and sugar.
- Add cranberries and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil 8-10 minute or until the cranberries are tender.
- Cool and then spoon evenly over cheesecake.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.