Adapted from Ray's Boathouse: Seafood Secrets of the Pacific Northwest. Note: There are a variety of ways to cook and recipes to make caramel sauce. Should you perfer another method or recipe, feel free to use it. This white chocolate base is smooth and creamy especially using a water bath which encourages the recipes success in preventing cracks and ensuring even baking. Prep time includes chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 8 ounces good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- boiling water
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 375°F Combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and press into the bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the side of a 10 inch spring form pan.
- 2Bake for 10 minutes and then allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3Reduce the heat to 325°F and prepare the cheesecake batter.
- 4Place the chopped white chocolate into a heat safe bowl and set aside. Bring the 1/2 cup of cream to a simmer over medium heat in a small sauce pan. Pour the hot cream over the white chocolate, swirling the bowl to submerge it and allow to stand for one minute. Stir the chocolate gently until melted completely.
- 5In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth and lump free. Add the sugar and mix, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- 6On medium speed, slowly add the white chocolate ganache. Once combined you can add the eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed until each egg is incorporated. Once you've added all the eggs, mix in the vanilla and salt and pour into your prepared pan.
- 7Set the pan onto a couple large sheets of aluminum foil and smooth them up the sides of the pan to waterproof.
- 8Set the cheesecake into a large roasting pan and then place in the oven. Pour the boiling water into the roasting pan, filling to about one inch (no higher than the lowest edge of aluminum foil). Allow to make at 325°F for one hour then reduce heat and bake at 300°F for an additional 60-90 minutes until the center is just set. The outer ring of the cheesecake for about 3" should be set.
- 9Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Once cool chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- 10To glaze, gently warm the 1 cup of the caramel sauce on the stove or in the microwave until slightly runny and then pour onto the cheesecake. Smooth the caramel over the cake and serve.
- 11To make the Caramel Sauce: In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, combine the sugar and lemon juice. Stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar is mostly melted then set aside the spoon and swirl the pan over the heat to keep the color even throughout.
- 12Continue to cook and swirl until it sugar turns a medium amber color. Watch it carefully, the sugar will quickly darken and should it become dark brown or black it will taste bitter and unpleasant.
- 13When the sauce turns the right color slowly whisk in the cream. If the caramel hardens with the addition of the cream, do not worry. Just continue to add the cream and bring the mixture back to a a boil over medium heat. Continue to stir until the sugar has remelted. Allow to boil for 5 minutes then remove from heat and stir in the butter.
- 14Pour into a heat safe container and chill until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Cheesecake With Caramel Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1042.6
- Calories from Fat 634
- Total Fat 70.5 g
- Saturated Fat 40.4 g
- Cholesterol 287.8 mg
- Sodium 450.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 79.5 g
- Protein 11.8 g