Recipe by monicawf
Originally from a Compuserve forum, years ago. It really IS easier than it looks; it is all in the prep. My family requests it for every holiday! All ingredients at room temperature makes things go much more quickly.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sour cream
- 9 ounces white chocolate, melted in double boiler cooled
- 1 1⁄3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare springform pan(s) by covering outside with 2 layers of heavy duty foil -- I use 2 7 inch or 1 9 inch pan.
- Fit pan(s) into a baking dish (prep for bain-marie).
- Cut parchment paper circle matching the bottom of pan(s)
- Grease parchment and put a dab underneath to hold parchment in place.
- Boil water in teakettle or saucepan.
- Mix crust ingredients in a small bowl and separate into pans.
- Press into place firmly on bottom and halfway up sides of pan.
- Refrigerate crust until ready to use.
- Using a whisk beater, beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, scrape down bowl.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla & salt.
- Beat in sour cream & scrape down bowl.
- Add white chocolate and blend well, scraping bowl as necessary.
- Place pans into baking pan, pour in batter.
- Surround pans with 1 inch of very hot water – should be about halfway up sides of pan.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Turn off oven and leave for 1 hour without opening oven door.
- Cool on wire rack or countertop 1 hour until room temperature.
- Cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate overnight (freeze at this point if desired).
- Unmold by running table knife around edge and releasing springform.
- Lift edge with spatula and peel off the parchment from bottom.
- Slide onto serving plate or cardboard circle.
- Top with pie filling if desired (cherry, blueberry or pineapple).