Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
This is made with green tea, not with black. Not exactly a very classical chai, but made out of a sudden green tea - cardamom - latte - craving. It turned out much better than I ever hoped it would! I used rice milk, but will post it just with "milk", use what matches your needings.
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 ounce white chocolate
- 1⁄2 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon green tea, leaves
- 1 teaspoon candied ginger
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean
- 1⁄4 teaspoon star anise, ground
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Put all ingredients except the white chocolate in a blender and mix on high.
- Pour mixture into a sauce pan, add white chocolate, bring to a slight simmer and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Put hot mixture back into blender, blend again on high until creamy.
- Strain through a sieve.
- Serve hot.
Wow, Mia, what a great latte. I loved it. The flavor is outstanding. Perfect ratio of spices. I will be enjoying this for a long time to come. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely recipe. Made for Beverage Anyone? Tag Game.
I made this wee wonder last evening using everything in the recipe. Oh my goodness, it's simply marvelous. wonderful use of the ingredients and I really enjoyed the texture added by the almond butter as well as it's flavor. Bravo Mia. :D