Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
a twist on the original caramel slice.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 50 g butter, melted
- 395 g condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 30 g butter
- 200 g white chocolate, chopped, melted
- 30 g Copha
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C Lightly grease an 18 x 28cm slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, coconut, oats and cocoa. Add butter, stirring until well combined. Press firmly into prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Place condensed milk, golden syrup and butter in a medium saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until mixture is combined.
- Pour mixture over base. Bake for a further 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine chocolate and copha. Stir over low heat until melted.
- Spread over filling. Chill for 1 hour until firm. Using a hot knife, cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
absolutley delicious , loved by my wife and her friends at work