Prep 40 mins
Cook 8 mins
These cookies are festive and always a hit! Every time I make them I'm asked for the recipe. Be sure to pull them from the oven when the edges are just barely golden for moist, chewy cookies.
- 8 ounces white chocolate baking squares or 8 ounces chips with cocoa butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup finely crushed peppermint candy cane
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Chop 4 ounces of the white chocolate; set aside. In a small saucepan, cook and stir the remaining 4 ounces white chocolate over low heat until melted. Set saucepan aside to cool chocolate slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in melted white chocolate. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in the chopped white chocolate and crushed candy canes.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned around edges. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
- To Store: Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.