Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from an old recipe book titled "Ma's Cookin' Mountain Recipies" I made this with a cooked pecan frosting, but I think Chocolate would be great for this. This turned out to be a nice moist cake.
- Melt 4 oz white chocolate in 1/2 cup hot water. Cool.
- Cream butter, sugar.
- Mix in 4 egg yolks one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add white chocolate mixture and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Sift flour, soda, salt; add alternately with butermilk, starting and ending with flour. Do not overbeat.
- Fold in 4 stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Gently stir in pecans and coconut.
- Pour in 3 greased and floured 8 or 9 inch pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes in 350 degree oven.
- Frost cooled cake with favorite frosting.