Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is one of my all time favorite frostings!
Top Review by CarrieLovesItalian
I made a profile, just to rate this frosting. Yes, it is that good. It has a luscious, smooth and fluffy texture, thanks to the whipping cream. For those who say it is too sweet, yes, with an overly sweet cake/cupcake, I suppose it would be. My favorite pairing for this is a white cupcake with a tart fresh raspberry puree filling. The tart filling and frosting are a match made in heaven! I would also like to note that I have made a milk chocolate frosting using this exact same recipe with a milk chocolate baking bar. I did have to add a tbsp of cocoa to amp up the chocolate a bit, but it made an incredible milk chocolate frosting as well Thanks Kittencal, simply amazing!
- 1 cup butter, softened (no subs)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 ounces white chocolate or 6 ounces white baking bar, melted and cooled
- 3 -5 tablespoons whipping cream or 3 -5 tablespoons half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and confectioners sugar at low speed until fluffy.
- Add in melted and cooled white chocolate and whipping cream (start with 3 tablespoons and add in more to achieve desired consistency).
- Beat on high speed for 3-4 minutes, scraping the bowl with a spatula.