Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Magnolia Bakery
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 9 ounces white chocolate, melted and cooled to lukewarm
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter using an electric mixer on medium speed, for 3 minutes until creamy.
- Add in the milk carefully and beat until smooth; add in the melted chocolate and beat well, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla and beat for 3 minutes.
- Gradually add in the sugar and beat on low speed until creamy and of desired consistency.
THis is the yummiest homeade buttercream I have tasted. Of course if you use real butter you wont get good color from food coloring so you would have to use margarine instead. The consistency was quite soft so not great for making flowers and stars etc but the flavor is so great!