Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
An elegant, almond-scented white chocolate Bundt cake simply bursting with luscious white chocolate throughout the cake itself and the icing, which is decoratively drizzled on top. 9/13/11 I've edited the recipe slightly making a white chocolate ganache instead of just drizzling the white chocolate.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 (1 ounce) squares white baking chocolate
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 (1 ounce) squares white baking chocolate, melted
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate, melted (or milk chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 10-inch Bundt pan and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the sugar in the Bundt pan.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- Chop four squares of the white chocolate and melt the other 4. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extracts and the melted white chocolate. Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream. Beat just until combined.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with 1/2 of the chopped white chocolate. Repeat. Pour remaining batter on top.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes then remove from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack completely.
- For White Chocolate Ganache: In a glass bowl covered with plastic wrap, heat white chocolate with cream on high (100 percent power) in microwave oven in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth. Let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Place cooled cake on a serving dish and frost with white chocolate ganache. Drizzle over with melted semisweet chocolate.
Really yummy cake! I think it is moist and delicious. Not too sweet, which is good because the white & semi-sweet chocolate is very sweet. I like the extra cruncy texture from the sprinkling of sugar. Thanks for the recipe. I did this for New Kids on the Block Tag Game. :)