Recipe by mrswaz
I first made these brownies years ago as a base for a trifle. I've been playing with them ever since, and they're one of my favorites to make because they're different than a traditional brownie. They taste like white chocolate- not vanilla like many other white brownies do. These are definitely cakey- and taste best after they've cooled completely. Use the best white chocolate you can- the better chocolate yields a better flavor.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks, chips (optional) or 2 cups pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in the microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- MIx eggs, milk, vanilla and sugar together. Add to butter mixture.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt, add to the wet ingredients and mix together.
- If desired, add chocolate chunks, chocolate chips, or pecans, stirring just until combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake in a 350ºF oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.