Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are a great dessert. I love to eat them with coffee and a little chocolate syrup.
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temp
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Melt white chocolate over hot (not boiling) water, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, and almond extract.
- Blend melted butter and smooth white chocolate.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Pour into greased 9 x 9 inches pan and garnish with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Hubby and I thought these were pretty good. I halved the recipe and got a little nervous with the consistency of the dough at the end. Definately not pourable, it was more the consistency of a stiff cookie dough, and I had to spray my hands with non-stick spray and press it down into the cooking pan. Still they came out ok, and once cooked, I sprinkled some chocolate chips over top to melt, then spread across the top and sprinkled some slivered almonds over top the chocolate. This made a pretty good Valentines Day dessert for us. Thanks for posting.
delicious, in a word. Not sure if I would serve with chocolate syrup, too sweet for my taste. great recipe and thank you for submitting it.
Yum! What a nice way to use white Ghirardelli chocolate! I took these to neighbors as a house-warming treat, they loved them and so did we! In fact, we kept the four corner pieces for ourselves! Thanks for the recipe.