Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great idea for gifts. I would mix it up for teachers, Girl Scout helpers, etc. Decorate the jar with a recipe card, checked fabric rounds and a cute little ribbon. The idea comes from one of those inserts that comes in Ball canning jars.
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 158.51 ml cocoa
- 532.32 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 118.29 ml white chocolate chips
To prepare brownies
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- Layering Dry Mix:.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Place mix into a quart jar.
- Layer the remaining ingredients into jar in order listed, packing firmly after each addition.
- Tip for packing jar: Use a tart tamper or bulb end of a baster to pack the layers.
- Adjust cap, decorate with fabric rounds, ribbon and gift tag.
- To Prepare Brownies:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the contents of jar in a large mixing bowl and mix to blend.
- Add the butter and eggs mixing until completely blended.
- Spread into a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until brownies just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Note: The cooking and preparation time is for the brownies.
What a super great gift idea! (Who doesn't love brownies??) The mix makes FABULOUS, chewy brownies- really moist and rich, rich, rich! The jars turned out to be really cute too! Thanks for the idea, PaulaG!
These are fantastic brownies. I must admit that the mix never made it into the quart jar....I just went ahead and made the brownies. I wouldn't change a thing in this recipe. I'm definitely planning on preparing batches of the brownie mix to give as gifts to my co-workers this coming holiday season. Thanks for posting this Paula, we loved it.