Recipe by PaulaG
This is a great idea for gifts. I would mix it up for teachers, Girl Scout helpers, etc. Decorate the jar with a recipe card, checked fabric rounds and a cute little ribbon. The idea comes from one of those inserts that comes in Ball canning jars.
Top Review by hollyfrolly
What a super great gift idea! (Who doesn't love brownies??) The mix makes FABULOUS, chewy brownies- really moist and rich, rich, rich! The jars turned out to be really cute too! Thanks for the idea, PaulaG!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 2 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
To prepare brownies
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Layering Dry Mix:.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Place mix into a quart jar.
- Layer the remaining ingredients into jar in order listed, packing firmly after each addition.
- Tip for packing jar: Use a tart tamper or bulb end of a baster to pack the layers.
- Adjust cap, decorate with fabric rounds, ribbon and gift tag.
- To Prepare Brownies:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the contents of jar in a large mixing bowl and mix to blend.
- Add the butter and eggs mixing until completely blended.
- Spread into a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until brownies just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Note: The cooking and preparation time is for the brownies.