1/2 Photos of White Chocolate Bread Pudding With Raspberry and White Chocolate
1 hr 30 mins
This delicious bread pudding is served at Nordstrom's Cafe bistro and is also featured on their website. I get compliments on it each time and requests for the recipe so I thought I'd post it up here. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Bread pudding ingredients
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk (I prefer whole!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 6 large eggs, plus
- 12 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf day old French baguette, 24-inch cut into 1/2-inch inch slices (artisan bread works well too!)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 cups fresh raspberries (thawed) or 2 cups frozen raspberries (thawed)
White Chocolate Sauce
Prepping the pudding
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter (I prefer sweet cream butter!)
- 1Bread pudding:.
- 2Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9"X12"X2" baking pan including the sides. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper.
- 3Combine cream, sugar, milk in saucepan over medium heat. Stir until hot. Add chocolate morsels and stir until chocolate is melted. Set aside so it can cool slightly.
- 4Whisk eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla. Gradually pour the cream mixture into the egg mixture and whisk until smooth. Be careful that the cream mixture isn't too hot or the eggs will curdle. Tempering the eggs is very useful in this step.
- 5Lay about half of the bread slices in the baking pan and pour about half of the cream mixture, allowing it to soak up the liquid. Next, layer the remaining bread slices on top and pour more mixture over it. You might need to press down the bread on top to let it soak up some of that liquid. Be careful that you don't layer too much, since it does rise quite a bit in the oven. I usually stop layering once it hits right at the top of the pan.
- 6Cover the pan with foil and bake for 1 hour. While it's baking, this is a good time to get started on those sauces!
- 7After that 1st hour, remove the foil and bake uncovered until it's no longer liquid in the center and the top should be golden brown.
- 8Raspberry Sauce:.
- 9Combine water, sugar, and orange zest in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir until syrupy.
- 10Add raspberries and cook on low heat stirring occasionally until the fruit falls apart. Strain out the seeds.
- 11White Chocolate Sauce:.
- 12Heat heavy cream in saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- 13Stir in white chocolate morsels until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 14Prepping the Bread Pudding:.
- 15By individual slices, place a slice(s) on a cookie sheet and brush each piece with the melted sweet cream butter, including the sides (don't worry about the bottom of the slice).
- 16Bake in oven for about 12-15 minutes. This will create a crisp "seared" outside which is very delicious.
- 17Once the bread pudding is ready, by individual slices, place on a serving plate and drizzle with the white chocolate sauce and droplets of raspberry sauce. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Bread Pudding With Raspberry and White Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 932.6
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.6 g
- Saturated Fat 31.7 g
- Cholesterol 345.2 mg
- Sodium 475.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 52.7 g
- Protein 18.4 g