Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great bread pudding for special occasions!
- 1 loaf French bread, large loaf
- 1 (10 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup, light
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cube bread, place in well buttered 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips on top of bread.
- Beat together the eggs, milk sugar and vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Press down with a spatulat to make sure all of the bread is siatured with the milk mixture, let sit for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Dab top with some butter, and bake at 375 degrees until a knife comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- To make sauce, combine in a heavy saucepan the brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in water, milk, corn syrup and butter.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly (mixture may look curdled).
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 tsp vanilla.
- Serve warm over bread pudding.