Chef #835257's Note:
Bread Pudding recipe came from Mr. Lester's Steakhouse, Cypress Bayou Casino in Charenton, Louisiana. This is a wonderful Bread Pudding that all of South Louisiana (Cajun country) loves.
My Private Note
16 oz s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring heavy cream to a boil in a saucepan; stir in white chocolate until smooth.
- 2Mix remaining ingredients together, except bread, and stir into cream mixture until fully incorporated.
- 3Grind up or slice bread thin; soak bread in the custard for a couple of hours.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5Butter a large baking pan and fill the pan with the bread pudding.
- 6Bake about 40 minutes, until the bread pudding is firm to the touch and golden brown on top.
- 7After pudding cools, crumble some by hand into a bowl (about 6 cups).
- 8Make a basic meringue with two egg whites and one-half cup of sugar. Whip the meringue to stiff peaks, and fold in to crumbled bread pudding.
- 9Fill four (16 oz) souffle' dishes full.
- 10Bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Bread Pudding Souffle'
Serving Size: 1 (496 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 816.5
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 208.5 mg
- Sodium 657.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 45.2 g
- Protein 15.4 g