Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
Sinfully good! Sent to me my cousin in Kansas.
Make and share this White Chocolate Bread pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Slice french bread into half inch round croutons and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and egg yolks.
- Whipe until well blended.
- In a large saucepan, combine whipping cream, milk, and sugar.
- Bring mixture to a low simmer, then add white chocolate.
- Whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in whipped eggs.
- Blend thoroughly to keep eggs from scrambling.
- In a buttered 9 x 13 baking dish, place bread slices in 2-3 layers.
- Pour half the the cream mixture over the bread and allow it to soak up most of the mixture before adding the rest.
- Press the bread gently, allowing the cream mix to be evenly absorbed.
- Cover the dish and let it soak at last 5 hours prior to baking.
- Bake covered for 1 hour and then remove cover and bake another 45 minutes until top has browned.
- Note: This is best if chilled overnight, then cut into squares and reheated in individual portions in the microwave.
- Serve with caramel sauce.
Made this in two 8"x8" baking pans so that I could share all the nutrition (!!) with a neighbor couple who appreciate a homemade bread pudding! This was easy to whip together & the use of white chocolate was wonderful ~ Not just sinfully good, but SINFULLY GREAT! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]