Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
White Chocolate Bread Pudding
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 loaf challah, torn in 1 cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 1 cup rainier dried cherries (or more)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Coat a 4 quart slow cooking with cooking spray.
- Toss bread cubes, chocolate, cherries in large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cream, sugar, and dash of salt.
- Pour over bread, etc.
- Stir together and pour into slow cooker.
- Dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover, cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours.
- Butter to dot the top of the pudding once it’s in the crock pot. I used approx 6tsps of sweet cream butter.
- Ground cinnamon to cover the top—as per above.
- Serve warm.
- Topping of choice—chocolate syrup, Chambord, Godiva liqueur.
- Dash of salt.
We do so love bread pudding, & even though I have my favorite one to make now & then during the year, it's always nice to try a new recipe, so yours was welcome, indeed! Followed it right on down, & must say this was the first time I'd ever used a loaf of challah! Loved the combo of cherries & white chocolate, as it made for a wonderfully tasty pudding! Many thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]