Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A great way to use white chocolate in cakes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Mix flour and baking soda.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a double boiler. Stir until smooth and let it cool.
- Beat butter in mixing bowl until creamy, with mixer at medium speed.
- Add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add milk and beat until blended.
- Add cooled chocolate, orange juice and vanilla powder, mixing just until blended.
- Mix in flour and baking soda. Mix only until combined. Do not over mix.
- Stir in cranberries.
- Turn mixture into 1 1/2 qt loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hr and 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
I am surprised that more people have not discovered this yummy treat....I will probably add lots of nuts next time...but oh so good as is.....not a real fan of white chocolate until this recipe....thanks again Ozlem...5 stars but they wont click on for some reason...sorry
I really thought I would love this bread, but I'm afraid it was just ok for me. For some reason all my cranberries sank to the bottom. To me, it needed a little more sugar, as it wasn't very sweet. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.
I gave this loaf to my mom and she said it is a 5-star +++ recipe.