Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't try this one myself yet, but it sounded so good I just had to post it!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Cut the butter into this mixture until mixture is crumbly.
- Add white chocolate chips and blueberries, and toss with the flour mixture.
- Add buttermilk and mix until ingredients hold together.
- Place dough mixture on a floured surface and pat into a 9 x 9 inch square.
- Cut square into thirds.
- Then cut each third into three triangles and place 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet.
- Lightly dust each scone with powdered sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then transfer scones to cooling racks.
I love the taste of this recipe but I continually fail to make it right. My scones are bricks and they take at least 1/2 hour to bake. I have replaced all my baking supplies. I lightly mix the scones. I don't handle or roll the batter. I bought official buttermilk. Please help me!
Really good! The family gobbled these up. Used frozen wild blueberries, and baked at least 18 minutes. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
These were "quite good" in DH's words, which is a high compliment when it comes to 'sweets" as he does not eat them often. These ARE delicious! I used wild blueberries and followed the recipe as written, except I had to add just a tablespoon more buttermilk. I ended up cutting them into different sized shapes before baking - giving some large and some smaller-sized scones. I was skimpy on the powdered sugar and wish I had added just a tad more. After 10 minutes my scones were still quite doughy looking, so I baked an extra 7 minutes - and I think I could have gone a bit longer as they did not all get a good crispy bottom. Nevertheless, I really like these ! Thanks for posting Maven - made for ZWT8 Family Picks and the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys.