Recipe by Midwest Maven
I haven't try this one myself yet, but it sounded so good I just had to post it!
Top Review by laynette
I love the taste of this recipe but I continually fail to make it right. My scones are bricks and they take at least 1/2 hour to bake. I have replaced all my baking supplies. I lightly mix the scones. I don't handle or roll the batter. I bought official buttermilk. Please help me!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Cut the butter into this mixture until mixture is crumbly.
- Add white chocolate chips and blueberries, and toss with the flour mixture.
- Add buttermilk and mix until ingredients hold together.
- Place dough mixture on a floured surface and pat into a 9 x 9 inch square.
- Cut square into thirds.
- Then cut each third into three triangles and place 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet.
- Lightly dust each scone with powdered sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then transfer scones to cooling racks.