Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A very special and decadent cake, sure to impress!
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 250 g butter, chopped
- 150 g white chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- icing sugar
- fresh berries, to decorate
- Grease a deep 19cm square cake pan and line with baking paper.
- Combine frozen berries, Grand Marnier and 1 tablespoon caster sugar in a bowl and then arrange evenly over base of prepared pan.
- Combine butter, sugar, chocolate and milk in a large saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until sugar has dissolved and mixture is smooth.
- Do not boil!
- Stir in eggs and flours and mix well.
- Carefully spread mixture in cake pan over berries.
- Cook in a 180°C oven for about 1 1/4 hours, or until cooked.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out.
- Serve cut into squares, dusted with sifted icing sugar and decorated with fresh berries.