Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Taste of Home
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Melt 8 oz chocolate & butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in melted chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- Combine flour in salt in a separate bowl, and beat into the egg mixture.
- Spread into the bottom of the pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 3 ounces melted chocolate.
- Beat in egg, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla until just combined.
- Spread over bottom layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Fold whipped topping into 4 ounces melted white chocolate.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Spread over cooled dessert.
When I made this dessert it was simple, but good! I think it should come out of the oven a little before 40 minutes is up. Other than that, this is a great dessert!!!
I made this recipe from Taste of Home this weekend and it was a hit in our family. The whole pan was gone in just a few minutes. My 15 year old son of course ate his share plus others shares. He asked if I would make it again the next day it was so good.
Elegant dessert. I made this for our dessert auction at church last week, it brought in $200. Pretty easy to make, not too sweet.