Prep 5 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Throw caution to the wind and indulge. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 40 chocolate wafers
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 slightly beaten egg yolks
- 4 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 medium bananas
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
- milk, chocoate
- white chocolate curls (optional)
- Crush 30 chocolate wafers into fine crumbs.
- In a bowl combine crumbs and melted butter or margarine; toss to mix well.
- Spread into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Press onto bottom and sides to form a firm and even crust; cover and chill.
- In a saucepan, combine granulated sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Stir in milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir 1 cup of hot filling into yolks.
- Pour yolk mixture into hot filling in pan.
- Bring just to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes more, remove from heat.
- Stir in chopped white chocolate and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla.
- Stir till chocolate is melted.
- Slice 2 bananas onto the crust.
- Spread half of the filling over all.
- Layer remaining chocolate wafers on filling.
- Chop 2 remaining bananas and place on chocolate wafers.
- Cover with remaining filling.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, combine whipping cream, powdered sugar, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon vanilla in a chilled bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed till stiff peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream over pie.
- If desired, top with white and malk chocolate curls.