Recipe by Lainey39
This recipe is from the Sunday Night Football Cookbook. It's delicious! Prep time includes cooling time.
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 bananas, cut into 1/2-incch thick rounds
- 1⁄2 ounce banana liqueur
- 1 tablespoon Creme de Cacao
- 1 (10 inch) prebaked pie crusts
- 8 ounces white chocolate, shaved
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the pastry cream: In medium bowl, whisk together the egg, sugar and cornstarch.
- In small saucepan, bring the half-and-half to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and slowly add one-third of the half-and-half to the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, whisking constantly, until almost boiling; do not overheat or the eggs will scramble.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in white chocolate.
- Transfer the pastry cream to a clean bowl and set aside to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Make the filling: In large bowl with an electric mixer, whip the cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold in the cooled pastry cream, then fold in the bananas and the liqueurs, folding just until combined; do not overmix.
- Fill the pie crust with the mixture.
- Top with the white chocolate shavings and sprinkle lightly with cocoa powder.
- Place a slice of pie on each of 8 serving plates and top with whipped cream.