1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is from the Sunday Night Football Cookbook. It's delicious! Prep time includes cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 bananas, cut into 1/2-incch thick rounds
- 1/2 ounce banana liqueur
- 1 tablespoon Creme de Cacao
- 1 (10 inch) prebaked pie crusts
- 8 ounces white chocolate, shaved
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- whipped cream
- 1Make the pastry cream: In medium bowl, whisk together the egg, sugar and cornstarch.
- 2In small saucepan, bring the half-and-half to a boil.
- 3Remove from the heat and slowly add one-third of the half-and-half to the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- 4Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, whisking constantly, until almost boiling; do not overheat or the eggs will scramble.
- 5Remove from the heat and whisk in white chocolate.
- 6Transfer the pastry cream to a clean bowl and set aside to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 7Make the filling: In large bowl with an electric mixer, whip the cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
- 8Gently fold in the cooled pastry cream, then fold in the bananas and the liqueurs, folding just until combined; do not overmix.
- 9Fill the pie crust with the mixture.
- 10Top with the white chocolate shavings and sprinkle lightly with cocoa powder.
- 11Place a slice of pie on each of 8 serving plates and top with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.0
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 121.3 mg
- Sodium 203.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 48.2 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: