Recipe by Pinay0618
Make crème brûlée the easy way! Crushed caramel candies melt atop creamy white-chocolate tarts. Recipe is one of the 100 finalists in the 2010 Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest, submitted by Kristen Abbott.
- 1 (15 ounce) boxpillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2 eggland's best egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 (12 ounce) baghershey's premier white chocolate chips
- 18 hard caramels or 18 butterscotch candies, finely crushed
- 3 bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450°F Turn 12-cup muffin pan with regular-size cups upside down. Spray backs of muffin cups with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- Unroll 1 pie crust on work surface; roll into 12-inch round. Using 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut into 6 (4-inch) rounds. Repeat with second crust.
- Place dough rounds over backs of muffin cups, pleating dough to fit around cups. Prick dough several times with fork. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes. Carefully remove tart shells from muffin cups; place open sides up on cooling rack.
- In small bowl, beat egg yolks; set aside. In 2-quart nonstick saucepan, heat cream and baking chips over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted. Stir about 1 cup of the hot cream mixture into egg yolks until well blended. Pour egg mixture back into saucepan; reduce heat to low. Cook 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Place tart shells on cookie sheet. Pour cream mixture into tart shells. Sprinkle each with 1 rounded teaspoon of the candies. Bake about 5 minutes or until candy is melted. Remove tarts from cookie sheet to cooling rack; cool 30 minutes. Top tarts with bananas; serve warm or cooled. Store covered in refrigerator.