Recipe by Chef 313014
From a Crisco Shortening recipe booklet.
Top Review by dee in the kitchen
Thanks so much for posting this recipe. I have moved to New Zealand and lost my little Crisco/Robin Hood booklet this one was in. Spent the day looking through every book, then thought I would try here. This is such an awesome cake, great banana flavour. Going to make it now. Thanks again. Kia Ora
- 2 cups robin hood cake-and-pastry flour (or substitute 1 3/4 cups Robin Hood All Purpose Flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup Crisco shortening
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (3-4 bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 white chocolate baking squares, grated
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana (1-2 bananas)
- 4 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 white chocolate baking squares, melted and cooled
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- white chocolate curls (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F Grease two 8" round cake pans and line with waxed paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cream shortening, sugar and eggs on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add banana and vanilla. Add dry ingredients on low speed, alternating with buttermilk, mixing lightly after each addition.
- Stir in grated chocolate. Spread batter evenly in greased pans.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Beat all ingredients together at high speed until smooth and light. Use just enough to make a spreading consistency.
- Frost cake layers. Decorate with chocolate curls.