1 hr 30 mins
Just .... OH .... MY .... WORD. Did we really have to go here?? Recipe is from the cooking blog Meemo's Kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease and 8-inch square cake pan.
- 2Place the milk and 1/2 cup of the cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Be careful not to let it boil over. Place the eggs, egg yolks, 1/2 cup of the sugar, salt, and vanilla in a bowl and gradually add the milk mixture, whisking all the while. Add the melted chocolate and mix until it is fully incorporated.
- 3Place the bread cubes in the prepared pan and pour the custard over it, pressing down to dunk them. Let rest at least 15 minutes and up to an hour for the bread to absorb the custard.
- 4Pour the remaining 1/2 cup cream over the top and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and transfer to the oven. Bake until the pudding is firm and a knife inserted comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- 5Serve warm or at room temperature with caramel sauce, a dollop of sweetened whip cream or ice cream, and sliced bananas.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.8
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 249.3 mg
- Sodium 337.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 50.4 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: