Prep 1 hr
Cook 55 mins
This is a delicious change of pace from "plain" banana bread.
Make and share this White Chocolate Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces white chocolate baking squares
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 fully ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spray a 9-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt 4 ounces of the chocolate in a microwavable bowl at 70% power for 1 minute.
- Stir and heat for 30 seconds longer until completely melted.
- Set aside.
- Chop remaining 2 ounces of chocolate.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl; stir in melted chocolate, sugar, oil, buttermilk, vanilla and bananas.
- Add to flour mixture with chopped chocolate; stir just until moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
Moist & absolutely delicious! It took a little longer to melt the chocolate but thats just the difference in microwave power. Thanx Tearanii!