Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
I came up with this while trying to find a really decadent coffee treat. The white chocolate and Baileys provide enough sweetness that you will not need any sugar! If you like your coffee strong, just add more instant coffee granules.
- 473.18 ml milk
- 85.04 g white chocolate
- 9.85 ml instant coffee granules
- 29.58 ml Baileys Irish Cream
- whipped cream (optional topping)
- In a saucepan over a low heat, warm the milk until tiny bubbles start to appear around the edges.
- Add the white chocolate to the pan and stir constantly until it has dissolved.
- Stir in the instant coffee granules and Baileys and continue to heat and stir until the coffee granules have also dissolved.
- Serve hot with whipped cream if desired!
Updated: This drink gets better and better each time I make it, it is so easy to vary the ingredients and add more or less of what you enjoy. I make it exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing.
Delicious...simply... delicious. This is wicked, so decadent. I love the addition of the coffee to the cocoa. It really brings out the flavor of the Baileys for me. Rich, thick, creamy and oh so yummy. Thanks for sharing this winner. I keep coming back to this recipe again and again.
I am not a coffee drinker at all but I decided to give this recipe a try and I am really glad that I did. I didn't find it too sweet at all. Perhaps that comes down to the white chocolate you use. The type I used wasn't overly sweet on its own. I used skim milk because that is what I keep in the house and I used a store brand Irish cream instead of Baileys. It turned out really good and I ended up blogging about it on my weekendcarnivore.com blog. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
I prefer not to give a star rating cause everybody put a 5 star. I can't do that. Cause it was too sweet and I had to add more instant coffee. I would have prefered it with less white chocolate and maybe less baileys cause both make it very sweet. I liked that it was creamy. Thanks Shuzbud :) Made for Holiday tag