Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
A cookie with apricot jam filling, white chocolate drizzle, a little lime zest dipped in white sugar to sparkle.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room tempature
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3⁄4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 3 ounces white chocolate
- sugar, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350' F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg yolks, lime zest and vanilla and blend. Stir in flour and salt until evenly combined. Spoon and shape 1-inch balls of dough. In bowl with sugar, roll dough ball until covered. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on prepared baking tray. Press an indentation in the center of each cookie (a few cracks are to be expected) and bake for 13 to 15 min, until cookies just begin to brown lightly on the bottom. Let cool.
- Stir apricot jam to loosen and spoon a bit of jam in each thumbprint. Melt white chocolate in microwave on med. heat, stirring every 10 seconds. Dip a fork into chocolate and drizzle over cookies or put melted chocolate in pastry bag and squeeze over cookies. Let cookies set for at least an hour before packing. Refridgerate.
- Cookies will keep up to a week in airtight container.
Well Tabitha...they looked pretty, they were super easy to make; but, in all honesty the day I made them, I didn't think they tasted like a 5 star cookie. After a day of sitting though, man oh man, they taste good! I actually think these are one of those cookies that need a day for all the flavours to really come together. I LOVE THEM!!! So moist & tasty. A great "sophisticated" looking cookie. Next time I'm doubling the lime zest-i love things with a real tang; but, they're still a 5 star all the way.
This is the perfect Thumbprint cookie!!!! I left out the lime zest and baked the with the jam.
These cookies are delicious. A little different from other thumbprint cookies I have made, and by far they are my favorite. I think it's the lime zest that gives them a little something special. I made half with the apricot jam and half with seedless raspberry jam. I drizzled a lot of white chocolate on them because I love a little extra chocolate. Great cookie and will now be on my yearly Christmas cookie list (and my all-the-time list).