Recipe by *Marli*
A work colleague brought some of these delicious bars to work for me & I just HAD to get the recipe! Very easy to make too.
- 2 cups plain sweet cookie crumbs
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricot
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ounces butter
- 4 ounces white chocolate, pieces
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 6 ounces white chocolate, pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cookie crumbs, coconut, apricots& orange rind in a large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan place the sweetened condensed milk& butter, bring to the boil then reduce heat to low; add the white chocolate.
- Stir constantly until melted.
- Pour the condensed milk mixture into the cookie crumb mix& stir until thoroughly blended.
- Press the mixture into a lightly greased shallow rectangular tin.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- To prepare the topping place the extra butter& white chocolate together in saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until melted.
- Spread topping over cookie mixture.
- Cut into bars before the topping sets to firmly& refrigerate.