Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from a magazine that specializes in low fat cooking. I was surprised when the recipe produced moist bakery style muffins whose flavors balanced perfectly. The white chocolate provides a nice sweet taste and the apricot preserves keep the muffin from tasting too sweet. From the outside they appear as ordinary muffins, but once you bite into them, you'll find a bit
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces premium white baking chocolate (finely chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and chocolate in a mixing bowl.
- Make a depression in the middle of the flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl combine milk, butter and egg and stir with a wire whisk.
- Add to flour mixture and stir until blended.
- Apricot preserves are not added to the mixture.
- Fill muffin pan with cupcake liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Fill with 1 Tbl.
- of batter and then add 2 tsp.
- of apricot preserves to the middle of batter.
- Then top with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes until lightly browned.
Delicious muffin.Good texture and not too sweet but sweet enough.The sugar sprinkled on top made for a pretty looking muffin top,with a bit of a sugary crust,and the hidden apricot jam was a nice surprise as you bit into the muffin.I will definitely make these again.
A fabulous muffin recipie indeed! I followed the recipe as directed, except(!) I did add a little more milk to the batter because it did look a little too dry. I used my own "dried apripot jam" recipie as the filling. We had them warm with fresh cream as dessert, the remainder were taken for school lunches. Yummy! It won't be long before these are made in the Kelly houshold again.
Made this for a gift--extremely sweet--plenty , maybe too much white chocolate taste for us. Must be the kind of white chocolate used. Really an easy and quick recipe to put together though.