Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I have made these cake bites for my family many times, and they love them! They are a wonderful combo with the white chocolate and jam. They are worth the little effort 8-)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- Melt butter in pan; remove from burner.
- Add 1 cup to white choc chips. Don’t stir!
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar.
- Stir in chocolate/butter mixture and vanilla.
- Combine flour and salt and add to mixture; combine.
- Pour half batter in to a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 325°F for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Melt jam in small saucepan over low heat.
- Spread over warmed crust.
- Stir in extra choc chips to the batter.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls over jam.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool; cut into bite-size cakes and gobble up!
It was very tasty. I took it to a get together and all loved it.