Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Deliciously sweet fruity truffles! The apricot and coconut complement each other perfectly and they look divine.
- 75 g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk
- 200 g white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Mix apricots, coconut and condensed milk in a small bowl until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Using your hands, roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate again for 15 minutes.
- Combine oil and chocolate in a small heatproof microwave container and microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds or until chocolate is melted. Stir well.
- Using a fork, dip one ball of the apricot mixture into the chocolate mixture to coat all over and place again on the lined tray.
- Repeat with remaining balls and chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until chocolate has set.
Delicious, easy, elegant! I found there to be too much white chocolate, so next time I'll decrease the amount to around 5 oz. I also lightly toasted the coconut to boost the flavor. I added some to the coating, and next time I'll increase the coconut in the coating for added texture. This makes a very small batch, but it's great for adding to a candy tray. I found desiccated coconut at Whole Foods. Thank you so much!
You are so right ~ These are deliciously sweet & they're also disgustingly, addictingly wonderful, especially for those of us with a sweet tooth & a chocolate addiction!!! Loved the combo of apricot & coconut flavors! Unfortunately they're also way too much fun to make! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]