Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
healthy, low-fat muffins with some white chocolate chips for sweetness. super easy to make!
- 473.18 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon or 4.92 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 2.46 ml salt substitute
- 59.14 ml honey
- 59.14 ml applesauce
- 59.14 ml egg substitute
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 177.44 ml skim milk
- 1 apple, chopped
- 295.73 ml white chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1. Place oven rack on second row. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2. Mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- 3. Mix the wet ingredients together in another bowl.
- 4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing as you add. The batter might look a little lumpy, but that is normal.
- 5. After the wet and dry ingredients are thoroughly combined, add the chopped apples, walnuts and white chocolate chips. Mix the together until there are apples, walnuts & chips throughout the batter.
- 6. Grease large-sized muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray (grease 2 pans for smaller sized muffins). Divide batter evenly through the tin for 6 large muffins. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Flip over on to cooling rack, they should slide out easily. Enjoy them warm or cool!
Mmmmmmm. I made a 3 muffin amount of the recipe and got 6 lovely regular sized muffins. For myself I used apple pie spice in place of pumpkin, Splenda in place of honey and reducing the chocolate by a third. The muffins are very moist and yummy and the kitchen smells wonderful while baking. Whats not to love about a muffin right out of the oven with a small pot of oolong tea?
More, more, more!