Recipe by Dine & Dish
I love trifles! They are such a beautiful dessert and always have the most delicious ingredients! This trifle is beautiful and delicious!
Top Review by jslpotz40
once Iwas able to readjust the stated amounts, this was a wonderful party dessert. I needed need to substitute one large package of REGULAR cooked vanilla pudding for instant, use 16 oz cool whip, and the smaller (10 oz?) size frozen pound cake. this is pretty, and delicious!
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 6 white chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- 16 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1⁄2 frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced and sweetened fresh strawberries
- 5 white chocolate baking squares, grated
- 6 -8 whole strawberries (to garnish)
- 1 white chocolate baking square, melted and cooled
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pudding with milk according to package directions.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 6 squares of chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Fold in 1 cup of whipped topping.
- Cut cake into small cubes and drizzle with liqueur.
- In the bottom of a deep glass bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, half the berries, half the pudding, and half the grated chocolate.
- Repeat layers, ending with chocolate.
- Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Garnish with berries.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over top.