Recipe by Janine Ross
This one would be ideal for our Southern Hemisphere Christmas, something different and pleasing to the eye. From Australian Womens Weekly
- 180 ml cream
- 250 g chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 110 g caster sugar
- 400 ml cream, extra
- 125 ml Baileys Irish Cream, liqueur
- 150 g shelled roasted pistachios
- 300 g frozen mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream and chocolate in a medium saucepan, sir over low heat until smooth.
- Beat the eggs, the egg yolks in a small bowl with an electric mixer until thick and creamy; with the motor operating, gradually beat hot chocolate mixture into egg mixture.
- Transfer parfait mixture to a large bowl, cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Meanwhile. cut 8 30cm squares of baking paper; fold each paper square into a triangle; then roll one point over to meet the centre point.
- Twist the second point over to meet the other two points and form a cone shape.
- Staple or tape the paper cones securely to ensure that they hold their shape. Stand each cone, upright in a tall glass, place glasses on a tray.
- beat the extra cream in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold the extra cream, liqueur and nuts into the parfait mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the cones.
- Cover the cones loosely with plastic wrap; freeze; overnight.
- BERRY COMPOTE:.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan; stir over low heat until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Place the parfaits on individual serving dishes; carefully remove and discard the paper from each.
- Serve with Berry Compote.