Janine Ross's Note:
This one would be ideal for our Southern Hemisphere Christmas, something different and pleasing to the eye. From Australian Womens Weekly
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 180 ml cream
- 250 g chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 110 g caster sugar
- 400 ml cream, extra
- 125 ml Baileys Irish Cream, liqueur
- 150 g shelled roasted pistachios
- 1Combine cream and chocolate in a medium saucepan, sir over low heat until smooth.
- 2Beat the eggs, the egg yolks in a small bowl with an electric mixer until thick and creamy; with the motor operating, gradually beat hot chocolate mixture into egg mixture.
- 3Transfer parfait mixture to a large bowl, cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until mixture thickens slightly.
- 4Meanwhile. cut 8 30cm squares of baking paper; fold each paper square into a triangle; then roll one point over to meet the centre point.
- 5Twist the second point over to meet the other two points and form a cone shape.
- 6Staple or tape the paper cones securely to ensure that they hold their shape. Stand each cone, upright in a tall glass, place glasses on a tray.
- 7beat the extra cream in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold the extra cream, liqueur and nuts into the parfait mixture.
- 8Divide the mixture between the cones.
- 9Cover the cones loosely with plastic wrap; freeze; overnight.
- 10BERRY COMPOTE:.
- 11Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan; stir over low heat until all the sugar has dissolved.
- 12Cool 10 minutes.
- 13Place the parfaits on individual serving dishes; carefully remove and discard the paper from each.
- 14Serve with Berry Compote.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate and Pistachio Parfait
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.9
- Calories from Fat 437
- Total Fat 48.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 252.5 mg
- Sodium 152.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen mixed berries