Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
From April 2006 'Delicious' magazine, UK. A good dinner party dessert. You can either serve these turned out on a plate, or alternatively, serve them inside a glass or cup. I serve mine set inside teacups. Use a good quality white chocolate for best results.
- 568 ml double cream
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 1⁄2 leaves gelatin
- 150 g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 50 g pistachio nuts, shelled and finely ground
- Whisk cream and sugar in small saucepan over medium heat. When bubbles appear, turn down heat to very low and cook 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak gelatine in cold water 5 minutes.
- Add the choocolate to the hot cream and stir until smooth. Lift gelatine sheets out of whater and stir into hot mixture to dissolve, then remove from heat.
- Add pistachios to the cream mixture and leave to stand 15 minutes. Strain through a sieve into a jug. Divide into 4 150 ml molds, ramekins, or cups.
- If turning out, dip bases of molds briefly in hot water and invert onto serving plates.
- Serve with dark chocolate biscuits (wafers) and sugared flower petals, for a fancy touch.