1/2 Photos of White Chocolate and Peppermint Cookie Brittle
A very tasty recipe from my archives. It's a giant cookie that's topped with coarsely crushed peppermint candies and melted white chocolate, then broken into irregular pieces. *Note: The recipe asks for a baking time of 30 mins. I find that far to long, it's going to burn at that time. Start checking it at 12 mins. I'm happy with the results at 15-16 mins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted, cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounces high-quality white chocolate, chopped into 1/3-inch pieces, divided (such as Lindt or Perugina)
- 3/4 cup coarsely crushed red-and-white-striped hard peppermint candy, divided (about 6 ounces)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Whisk melted butter, both sugars, and vanilla in large bowl until smooth.
- 3Stir in flour mixture until just blended. Stir in 1 cup chopped white chocolate and 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy.
- 4Transfer dough to prepared sheet. Press dough into 14x8-inch rectangle, about 3/8 inch thick. Bake cookie until top is firm and dark golden, about 30 minutes.
- 5Cool on sheet 10 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool completely.
- 6Stir remaining white chocolate in top of double boiler over barely simmering water until melted and smooth.
- 7Using small spoon, drizzle about half of melted chocolate in thin lines over cooled cookie and sprinkle remaining crushed peppermint candies over chocolate. Drizzle remaining white chocolate over top.
- 8Let stand until white chocolate sets, about 1 hour. Break cookie into irregular 2- to 3-inch pieces. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)Makes about 24 pieces.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate and Peppermint Cookie Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.1
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 62.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: