1/1 Photo of White Chocolate and Orange Poppy Seed Cake
1 hr 15 mins
This a great cake to serve with breakfast or dessert after dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temp
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups white flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1For the cake~Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Grease and lightly flour a 13x9-inch cake or bundt pan.
- 3In a mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- 4Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Alternately add flour and baking soda along with the sour cream and water.
- 6Once combined mix on low until well blended and smooth.
- 7Fold in chopped chocolate, poppy seeds and orange rind.
- 8Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- 9Once done, remove and let cool on a wire rack.
- 10Remove cake from pan and allow to cool completely.
- 11For the Glaze: Melt chocolate and orange juice together in a microwave or small saucepan.
- 12Stir in icing sugar and mix until smooth.
- 13Drizzle over cake and quickly sprinkle the top with the candied orange peel and chocolate curls.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate and Orange Poppy Seed Cake
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.1
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 74.1 mg
- Sodium 291.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 52.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
candied orange peel