From Bon Appetit Restaurant Recipes - Goodfellow's - Minneapolis, MN. Chef Stephan Pyles at Goodfellow's says that this brownie "is the brownie of my childhood, only made with white chocolate instead of dark. It's as decadently chocolate as you can possibly get - hot fudge, pieces of white chocolate in the brownie, the butteriness of the macadamias. It's about as rich a dessert as I would dare do."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 7 ounces imported white chocolate, chopped and melted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped toasted unsalted macadamia nuts
- 5 ounces imported white chocolate, coarsely chopped
Hot Fudge Sauce
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Butter and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- 4Sift flour with salt into bowl.
- 5Using electric mixer beat eggs in large bowl.
- 6until frothy.
- 7Add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time and beat until pale yellow and slowly dissolving ribbon forms when beaters are lifted. Gently fold in melted chocolate (mixture may lose volume).
- 8Add melted butter and vanilla and stir well (mixture may look curdled).
- 9Fold in flour.
- 10Fold in nuts and chopped chocolate.
- 11Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 12Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out not quite clean, about 25 minutes. Do not overbake.
- 13Cool in pan on rack. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Store at room temperature.)
- 14Cut brownies into squares.
- 15Transfer to plates.
- 16Pour Hot Fudge Sauce over and serve.
- 17Hot Fudge Sauce:.
- 18Cook cream and sugar in small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 19Add chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- 20Add butter and corn syrup and stir until butter melts. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.) Before serving, stir fudge sauce over low heat until it is heated through.
- 21Makes about 1 1/2 cups sauce.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Brownies With Hot Fudge Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.5
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 42.5 mg
- Sodium 47.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g